About the Role
Mission Animal Hospital is looking for a volunteer to maintain basic hospital cleanliness and assist with general efficiency and flow of the day. Volunteers will work in pet treatment areas, where our veterinarians and staff care for dogs and cats.
- - Volunteer shift frequency may increase or decrease based on demand.
- Volunteers will assist our staff veterinary care team for 4 hour shifts, generally 3:00-6:30pm
- On-sight training and supervision will be provided.
- Clean and maintain the dog and cat wards, including wiping down kennels and washing pet bowls or litter boxes
- Clean and sanitize surgical instruments and other medical equipment in accordance with standardized protocols
- Organize and pack surgical instruments
- Perform laundry and maintain cleanliness and organization of the laundry room
- Maintain cleanliness and stocking of janitorial closets
- Vacuum, wipe down, and dust areas and equipment as needed, including examination rooms and treatment areas
- Assist with general care for hospitalized pets, including taking out dogs to go to the bathroom as needed
- Pick up and dispose of pet waste in outside common areas
- Additional tasks, as they arise
- - Must be 18 years of age or older
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively with competing priorities
- No prior veterinary experience is required.
- The ideal candidate would be energetic, organized, and motivated as well as passionate about the -
welfare of animals and protecting the human-pet bond.
- - Must be able to work standing or sitting for 4 hours
-Must be able to bend and kneel repeatedly
About Mission Animal Hospital
Mission Animal Hospital is truly a unique organization! We’re a nonprofit 501(c)3 veterinary hospital—the first and only in Minnesota! The guiding mission of our work is to provide high quality veterinary care for those in need and to reduce barriers to veterinary care.