About the Role
Mission Animal Hospital is seeking volunteers to be ambassadors and help educate our community about Mission Animal Hospital’s work as a nonprofit animal hospital. This includes Pint Nights at local breweries to benefit Mission, local community events such as Hopkins Raspberry Festival or Open Streets Minneapolis, animal-focused public events such as Canine Carnival, and more.
- - This volunteer opportunity is available based on the frequency of community events, fairs, and tabling
events that Mission Animal Hospital schedules.
- Volunteers will receive notification of opportunity to sign up as soon as they are available, no less than
one week prior to an event, and may sign up to volun
- Volunteer shifts will vary between 2 to 4 hours. Time commitment and location is dependent upon
outreach event locations.
- - As a Community Ambassador, you will attend community events, fairs, and tabling booths to help
connect the community to the services we offer, and seek out potential
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator or Development Associate with setting up Mission Animal Hospital’s
tent/booth at a designated location.
- Set up flyers, promotional merchandise, and donation stations
- Engage community members in a discussion about Mission Animal Hospital- who we are, what we do,
and our community impact.
- Assist the Outreach Coordinator or Development Associate with tearing down Mission Animal
Hospital’s tent/booth/fundraising materials
- - Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a reliable mode of transportation
- Must have good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to connect with others
- - Must be able to work standing or sitting for 4 hours or more.
About Mission Animal Hospital
Mission Animal Hospital is truly a unique organization! We’re a nonprofit 501(c)3 veterinary hospital—the first and only in Minnesota! The guiding mission of our work is to provide high quality veterinary care for those in need and to reduce barriers to veterinary care.